Interested in joining us ?
If so, there are a number of stages involved in the application process.
What is required & how to apply:
1) Read the WFMG Rules & Constitution
2) Register with your local Regulatory Services Department (Environmental Health & Trading Standards) and HMRC.
3) Insurance: Public liability insurance is compulsory for all market traders/producers. Product and employee insurance may also be required.
4) For some food products a basic Food Hygiene qualification is required and further for some products. Environmental Health and Trading standards can advise on this.
Applying to WFMG:
1) Email the new WFMG Chairman Anne Russell on email@example.com to discuss your application and availability of space for your product at our markets.
Following this initial interview, if acceptable, you will be asked for your business name, address and telephone contact numbers.
2) Next, an application pack will be sent out to you by post. This includes a leaflet on the WFMG rules, constitution and an application form with verification sheet. You will be required to pay a joining fee of £30 (£25 for craft producers).
3) Your application will be taken to the committee and on acceptance by the committee, you will be permitted to apply to WFMG markets.
4) If problems are apparent with your application, we will endeavour to solve or advise an appropriate course of action.